A target of flying 500 deserving children has been set for the annual Aviation Without Borders National Fly Kids Day on 9 June 2018.
A total of 22 flying organisation and 31 children’s charity groups from Aberdeen to Southampton are participating.
“The event is getting bigger every year and thanks to all those below. The kids will have a great day. And the pilots enjoy it too!” said Stanley Stewart, chairman of Aviation Wihout Borders (AWB).
The National Fly Kids Day is supported by pilots, Aviation Without Borders and the International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) Foundation.
Participating flying organisations (on 9 June unless stated otherwise)
- Abbas Air at Compton Abbas, 2/6
- Aerobility at Blackbushe
- Buchan Aero club at Longside
- Cambrian Flying Club at Swansea
- Bader Braves with Hull Aero Club at Beverly, 1/6
- and Isle of Wight at Sandown, 16/6
- Fife Flying Club at Fife
- Feet Of the Ground (FOG) at Bodmin, 8-10/6
- Gamston Flying School at Retford Gamston
- Hawarden Flyers at Broughton
- Herefordshire Aero Club at Shobdon
- Lancashire Aero Club at Barton
- Leading Edge Flight Training at Glasgow
- Leicestershire Aero club at Leicester
- Lincoln Aero Club at Lincoln
- Perranporth Flying Club at Perrenporth
- Phoenix Aviation at Lee-on-Solent
- POM Flying Club at Humberside Intl
- Prestwick Flying Club at Prestwick
- Scottish Aero Club at Perth
- Spirit of Goole at Goole
- Take Flight Aviation at Wellesbourne
- TG Aviation at Lydd