A software company whose boss learned to fly two years ago is to launch a specialist management package for flight schools at next month’s AeroExpo UK, held at Wycombe Air Park on 13-15 June.
Nephex Flight is software designed to help flight schools to manage their operations in one place while improving the experience for students and staff.
It was created by Leeds-based Nephos Solutions and inspired by co-founder and Chief Technical Officer Juan Santana who learned to fly during 2017. Santana combined his passion for flying with 30 years of software development, and worked with Sherburn Aero Club to create the software.
Nephex Flight is being launched in two stages. It will be available from June with these features:
- Online booking with drag-and-drop interface to book online lessons and manage scheduling
- Syllabus management to define exercises and exams to create the syllabus
- Student records to manage and monitor each student’s flight training
- Document management to keep track of all documents from students, instructors, resources and syllabuses on single digital platform
- Weather Information – up-to-date meteorological information including metar and TAF for the flight school location.
To come later this year:
- Waiting lists to maximise schedule efficiency and avoid conflict on bookings
- Payments and invoicing, a flight school accounting module with built-in system for managing bills
- Aircraft and simulator maintenance management
- 2-way communication with students by SMS or email
- Mobile app where flight instructors can rate, comment and approve exercises from the cockpit.