Aspen Avionics has received certification to interface its Evolution 1000 Pro Primary Flight Display (PFD) with the System 55X autopilot by Genesys Aerosystems. The STC will cover hundreds of light single and twin piston aircraft.
“Aspen’s Pro PFD with the Genesys System 55X autopilot enhances the basic 55X autopilot function and streamlines the controls, reducing workload,” said Perri Coyne, Aspen director of marketing operations. “When combined with all the features and benefits of Aspen’s glass panel technology, flying becomes easier and safer, especially for single pilot IFR missions.”
Key features include:
- Ability to set desired vertical speed and altitude on the PFD
- All autopilot annunciations are displayed in the pilot’s line of sight on the PFD
- Adds flight director capability for coupled autopilot operations as well as while hand flying for smoother control
- Altitude preselect integrated with “smart” vertical speed technology which reduces vertical speed as the preselected altitude is approached
- Saves panel space: Consolidates annunciation into a primary display, eliminating a remote annunciator.