Kitplane manufacturer Sonex Aircraft has launched a range of four high-wing designs in addition to its existing range of low and mid-wing aircraft.
The four designs cover both conventional tail and Sonex’s Y-tail configuration in both nosewheel and tailwheel undercarriage.
“While many kit manufacturers today offer high wing aircraft with a backcountry mission in-mind, we are making our cantilevered wing aircraft in the Sonex tradition of sleek, efficient aerobatic and cross-country performance – The Best Performance Per Dollar!” said a statement from the Oshkosh-based company.
“Our target is to display the Sonex High Wing at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh in 2023 and begin taking orders at that time.”
Other details released so far:
- Two side by side seats
- Both pilot seating and the aircraft’s wing moved aft approximately 2.5 inches
- 44-inch cockpit width
- 20 US gallon fuel tank with 10 gallons auxiliary option
- Max gross weight 1320 lb
- Empty weight 720 lb
- Baggage 60 lb
- Aerobatic when flown solo with a gross weight at or under 1050 lb, with +6 and -3G limit load factors
- Removeable outboard wing panels with a fixed inboard wing section to make the aircraft easy to transport on a trailer
- Engine: 100hp or greater with a maximum firewall-forward installation weight of 200 lb.