LAA Rally 2019
- September 2019
- Yak aircraft are to be allowed to transfer to a LAA Permit
- British designer Ivan Shaw to present his ‘personal aircraft’
- ‘Airspace4All’ electronic conspicuity trial will monitor arrivals
- LAA and BMAA to share vision for the future
- Up to 1,000 light sport aircraft of all types expected to fly in
These highlights and much more will be at the LAA Rally, the UK’s biggest fly-in event being staged at Sywell Airfield on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week.
Among the special activities at this year’s Rally will be a visit from Secretary of State for Transport, the Rt. Hon Grant Shapps MP, himself an enthusiastic pilot, who will meet with visitors and exhibitors to talk about the future of sport flying in the UK.
On Saturday afternoon too, senior members of the LAA and BMAA will speak with members on greater future collaboration between the two organisations, including the possibilities for a merger.
Admission to the event costs £12 for non-LAA members. Parking is free. More here