Airfields and pilots have been asked to look out for suspicious activity that could be criminal or terrorist-related… but what counts as ‘suspicious behaviour’ and what do you do anyway?
Now there’s free training available under a government scheme run by UK Protect, Counter Terrorism Policing. It offers free access to an innovative e-learning package “that could save lives”.
The online course covers how to spot the signs of suspicious behaviour and what to do if an attack should take place.
“This free to use course can be divided into short sections to suit business needs and takes just 45 minutes in total to complete,” says the course info.
The course modules cover:
- Introduction to Terrorism
- Identifying Security Vulnerabilities
- How to Identify and Respond to Suspicious Behaviour
- How to Identify and Deal with a Suspicious Item
- What to do in the Event of a Bomb Threat
- How to Respond to a Firearms or Weapons attack
- Summary and Supporting Materials.