Cotswold Airport is staging a four-day Easter Extravaganza Celebration to mark the centenaries of both the end of WWI and the founding of the RAF.
The RAF’s 100th birthday falls on Easter Sunday 2018, so the events team at the airport have decided to theme their Easter celebrations this year with RAF music and a ‘RAFfle’ to raise funds for the RAF Benevolent Fund. RAFfle prizes include an aerobatic flight ina Citabria with Freedom Aviation.
The events are on every day over Easter, from 9am to 5pm from Good Friday 30 March to Easter Monday 2 April 2018. Entry is free.
- Fly-in with free landings for all military schemed and vintage aircraft
- Vintage car and bike drive-in
- Giant inflatable slide and toddler play area
- Themed patriotic RAF music played throughout the weekend
- Free chocolate aeroplanes to little ones eating lunch in the AV8 restaurant
- Hog roast.
Cotswold Airport is also celebrating two of its own anniversaries this year – the 80th anniversary of the historic aerodrome being at Kemble; and the 15th anniversary of it being under the private ownership of Ronan Harvey and daughter Suzannah, who have breathed new life into this old MOD site.