Bose has launched the ProFlight Series 2 aviation headset for professional pilots operating in low to moderate noise conditions.
It’s an upgrade of the original Bose ProFlight based on customer feedback and is “the most lightweight, compact and comfortable aviation headset Bose has ever produced”.
The new ProFlight Series 2 will go on sale in September and is reviewed in the next edition of FLYER.
The updates and enhancements include:
- A thinner, lighter and more flexible cable providing increased freedom of movement, improved on-head stability and lower on-head weight
- Updates to tap control that improve the accuracy and responsiveness to further optimise communication outside the intercom
- Improved low mode noise cancellation designed to optimise communication outside the use of the intercom
- A non-Bluetooth headset variant
- An option for custom-molded eartips provided by Bose’s approved partner, Avery Sound
- Improvements to the carrying case for easier storage and transportation
- The addition of winglets on the mic boom to assist in correct mic alignment and adjustment with improved microphone muff attachment
- A five-year warranty extending to owners of the original ProFlight Aviation Headset
- Enhanced Bluetooth audio response.
Glenn Burack, a director at Bose, said, “We spoke with numerous corporate and airline pilots about their work environment and received valuable input that helped our engineers deliver a refined headset ideally suited for their unique flight deck and cockpit environments – where noise is pervasive, comfort is required and communication is critical.”
The ProFlight Series 2 has a reduced on-head weight of 4.5 ounces (128 grams). It has FAA TSO and E/TSO-C139a certification. Bose is offering a 30-day flight trial to allow customers to experience the ProFlight Series 2 in their own flying environments.