BendixKing has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for its AeroCruze 230 digital autopilot from the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
The STC means more than 35 types of aircraft can upgrade their KFC 150 autopilots.
One of the key features of the AeroCruze 230 is the AWL or Automatic Wings Level.
This feature quickly allows the pilot to rapidly bring the aircraft under control in inclement weather situations or in unusual attitudes. Pressing it brings the aircraft back to wings level.
Other features include:
- Altitude pre-select/alerter
- GPS/ILS/VOR tracking and approaches
- GPS Roll Steering (GPSS), VS, IAS
- 2-axis is standard
- 3-axis available with optional yaw damper
- Slide-in replacement for KFC 150
- Computer is remote for KFC 200/250 replacements
- Glove-friendly, color LCD touch screen
- Dedicated controls for frequent tasks
- Attitude input from approved source
Recommended retail price of the AeroCruze 230 is $9,995. BendixKing says it’s possible to reuse existing servos and wiring to minimise installation costs and reduce downtime.
Supported aircraft include:
Beechcraft A36/A36TC/B36TC 1984 & Above
Beechcraft F33A CE-511 thru CE-771
Beechcraft F33A CE-712 & AFTER